In an effort to keep all of our customers up to date on our product updates, we are pleased to announce new features in Handbid: Item bulk editing, new display sheet templates, auction open alerts, and many other new features and improvements!
Managers can now update items all at once (Bulk Edit)
This is great new feature will allow for you to edit multiple items all at once. With just a few clicks of a button, you will be able to select as many auction items as you would like and edit the select fields listed below:
Mass editing of Auction Items / Update multiple items at once
- Change item categories.
- Change the items’ status (open all items, etc.).
- Change the starting bid of an item by a percentage (e.g. lower all no-bid items by 25%).
- FireSale unsold items: Handbid can set the starting bid at the "Buy it Now Price" to sell it immediately.
- Hide or UnHide items.
- Set items as “Featured” . Here is an article on "Featured" items.
- Show or Hide the Fair Market Value of items.
- Delete auction Items.
Do you want to dive into our new bulk edit features? Click the button below to view our support article on it.
New Handbid Display Sheets
We have added a new display sheet template and made it much easier to generate display sheets through an updated generation tool. The tool allows you to:
- Choose between 3 different Display sheet templates 8x10, 5x7 or the new 1x2 page folded display sheets.
- For each sheet, you can select either the Auction image or the Item image to appear on the sheet.
- Managers can select to generate display sheets based on category or item type (all items, live, silent, etc.)
Additional Upgrades and Bug Fixes
In addition to these major upgrades, we have also fixed a number of issues and added other additional features:
- Scanning a QR code now works with any QR code reader. If you don’t have the App installed, the user will be taken to the web version of Handbid to view the item!
- Our guest list manager would override a guest’s phone number with the number stored in the contact database. Now auction managers can select the number they prefer to use for the guest when adding them as a bidder into the auction.
- Auction managers can now select an option to notify all bidders via broadcast message when an auction opens for bidding
- We know our auction managers love our Google Address validator when adding in bidder and guest addresses. We have expanded that to work for all contact types.
- We added the timestamp and payment method to all payments shown on a user’s invoice.
- We added an item’s Fair Market Value and a user’s Cell Phone and Address to the
- Purchases Data Export in the Auction manager.
- All purchases listed in an item’s "Purchases" tab or a bidder’s “Purchases” tab now have a date and time stamp on them.
- We fixed the issue some were having with page breaks when printing all receipts.
- We removed the donation button from the user interface if no-donations are setup or visible in the auction event.
- Many other minor fixes or performance enhancements.
We hope you enjoy these new upgrades. As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or comments. Our service team is ready to help!