CHANGE IS HARD TO EMBRACE
We are creatures of habit who hang on to the familiar. After all, familiarity is comfortable. But, are you in danger of missing the next big opportunity because you're stuck in your ways?
At Handbid, we see a lot of charities struggle with change, with the idea of teetering on the edge or trying something new. But it is right there on the edge that growth happens!
We have a question for you: When was the last time your organization shook things up? When was the last time your non-profit experienced growth and change?
Before we modify what we do, we need to modify how we think. First and foremost, change what you believe is possible. What IS possible? Is $50,000 your goal for next year’s auction? We can assure you that you won’t reach that goal if you first don’t believe that you can.
We find so many of our customers convince themselves of everything that they can’t achieve. What they don’t realize is that their fixed mindset is the real hurdle. If you believe that something is impossible, then you will absolutely prove that to be true. It’s the same in business as it is in life!
BELIEVE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE
We tend to start with, "when I see it, I'll believe it." Our vision shapes our perception and perception is reality. But how open to possibility does your vision allow you to be? Instead, embrace the idea that "when you believe it, you will see it." Otherwise, your fears and concerns will drive your outcomes:
- If you assume your fundraiser will raise the same or less than last year, then we can almost guarantee that you will allow that to happen.
- If you believe that adopting technology will only add to your costs and not help you grow revenue, then it will be hard for you to be try new things that technology allows (remote bidding, pre-bidding, etc.).
- If you believe that your bidders are older in age and will reject technology, you will not give them the opportunity to try it out and experience the freedoms and convenience that bidding from their table or home allows.
Like George Bernard Shaw said “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” if you embrace the possibilities of what change can bring to your auction and adopt a growth mindset, you open a new set of possible outcomes! You may reach revenue goals you only dreamed about.
EASE INTO THE CHANGE
- Set an aggressive goal for your event and rally your staff and volunteers to help you reach it. Enthusiasm begets enthusiasm.
- Explore how technology can expand your reach to more bidders while allowing you to open your auction early to generate more revenue.
- Provide encouragement and support for your older or less tech savvy guests. They’ll be encouraged to see the benefit and ease of mobile bidding and allow them to enjoy the event without walking around crowded bidding tables.
Convince yourself that things will go wrong and they will. Allow yourself to see the opportunities that new technology can bring to your event and you just might surprise yourself and your Board!
Learn more about mobile bidding by reaching out to us. We can share with you many success stories of organizations that embraced the opportunity and reaped the benefits. We would love to add you to that list!